NO PAPERS? ARE YOU CURRENTLY IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED?
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM DEPORTATION AND OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT
READ: A Family’s Story of Struggle and Hope
A story of an immigrant family in our region who is receiving legal assistance at CARECEN with TPS and Deferred Action.
Learn About Deferred Action and Apply!
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (in English and Spanish)
Visit our office to learn about:
- Who is eligible for deferred action?
- How can you demonstrate your eligibility ?
- What are the benefits of deferred action?
- What benefits are not a part of the program?
- What are the risks in applying?
- How and when can you apply ?
- How can you avoid becoming a victim of fraud?
- And much more information…
Have these documents ready? Come to CARECEN to see if you’re eligible and apply.
CARECEN provides individual consultations & screenings for deferred action during our regular legal intake hours, on Monday 9-11 AM and Tuesday 1-3 PM. Cost: $50.
WHERE: CARECEN, 1460 Columbia Road, NW Suite C-1, Washington DC 20009
Getting here: CARECEN is located one block from Columbia Heights Metro stop (Green & Yellow lines). For driving directions see: Contact Us. Street parking is available, limited to 2 hours; paid parking is available at Target/DC USA.
For more information about the assistance at CARECEN or the new regulations, please contact us at (202) 328-9799.
CARECEN is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization serving the Latino community in the DC Metro Area.