Here at CARECEN, we are celebrating our achievements and welcoming a new year full of success and inspiration. Some of our 2014 citizenship goals include:
- Increase the number of permanent residents who receive assistance with the N-400 and enroll in citizenship classes.
- Grow our collaboration with DC Public Libraries and other institutions to promote citizenship.
- Collaborate in leadership development initiatives among DC Latino youth.
- Mobilize new citizens’ civic participation through voter turnout and participation in local government.
- Update curriculum to reflect the new N-400 form.
- Develop computer-based activities to complement existing citizenship educational resources.
- Diversify experiential learning activities for citizenship classes (field trips, board games, etc).
- And more…
Check out this new infographic to learn more about who we serve and what we accomplished in the past year: