Since 1981, the Central American Resource Center (CARECEN) has fostered the comprehensive development of the Latino community in the Washington metropolitan region by providing direct services while promoting grassroots empowerment, civic participation, and human rights advocacy.
CARECEN seeks a full-time Program to assist with the day-to-day operations, financial management, human resources, assists with fundraising and development, marketing and communications, building and facility management, and provide support to programs. The Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Director of Operations to fulfill the agency’s mission and support ongoing and new programmatic efforts to further the development of the Latino immigrant community. Primary responsibilities include assisting in the management of fundraising applications and reporting deadlines, completion of and compliance with contract applications and reporting requirements, assist in planning and execution of fundraising events and the organization’s annual anniversary event, maintain accurate financial books and financial reports for the agency, oversee and ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal agencies, and assist with facilitating the operations of CARECEN’s Board of Directors and relevant committees.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist Director of Operations with Various Office Tasks, including fundraising functions
• Schedule Meetings/Appointments
• Update and Maintain the Donorperfect Database
• Support Director of Operations with Quickbooks data entry
• Submit Reports on Expenses
• Create and Distribute Memos and Letters (for Development/fundraising purposes)
• Assist in Creating Presentations (for team or board meetings)
• Assist in managing CARECEN ’s social media channels
• Support event planning and logistics
• Support CARECEN podcast production
• Support receptionist during breaks and vacations
Salary / Benefits
Salary Ranges from $42,500 to $46,000. Competitive benefits package includes employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance, generous vacation, holidays, and sick-leave. You will be joining a team of committed and dedicated individuals who work tirelessly to ensure the advancement of the Latino community in our region.
Applicants with personal ties to the low-income immigrant communities in the metropolitan Washington, DC area are encouraged to apply. Those interested should send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to Catherine Rubio via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Assistant.”
No phone calls, please. The position will remain open until filled.